The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on 25 May 2018. In short, any company that offers products or services to EU citizens must be compliant with GDPR. It can have severe consequences of you decide as a company to ignore the new regulation:
- Fines of up to 20 mio. EUR or 4% of global turnover
- Compensation claims for damages suffered
- Reputational damage and loss of trust among your investors and partners.
PROBLEM: GDPR IS A CONTINUING CHALLENGE FOR MANY IF NOT MOST OF THE BLOCKCHAIN STARTUPS. SOLUTION: WE CAN ASSIST YOUR BLOCKCHAIN STARTUP WITH IMPLEMENTING GDPR SUCCESSFULLY. IN ADDITION, WE CAN MANAGE MAINTENANCE OF THE COMPLIANCE FRAMEWORK AFTERWARDS. WE BELIEVE THAT YOUR EMPLOYEES SHOULD FOCUS ON YOUR CORE BUSINESS AND DELEGATE OTHER TASKS, WHEN POSSIBLE.
At Influenced Online, we have partnered with Clavis Pro Blockchain Services that have specialised in assisting blockchain startups in relation to GDPR. Instead of regarding GDPR as a continuing challenge, we believe that there are several business benefits of GDPR for a blockchain startup that should encourage you to act:
- Avoid fines of up to 20 mio. EUR or 4% of global turnover
- Build investor and partner trust
- Improve brand image and reputation
- Improve data governance
- Improve information security
- Improve competitive advantage
To find out how we can assist you with your GDPR responsibilities, please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.